Saturday, June 25, 2011

BCon5 : my Dwarf Army List

Army board needs a little work here
Below is the army list I fielded at BCon5.

I removed a bunch of the output from ArmyBuilder, the full output is far too verbose.
  • the Grudge Throwers underperformed spectacularly. I didn't roll an on target once in both battles.
    I would possibly swap out one of them, definitely not both. I'll give the 2 thrower list another bash before I decide.
  • ETC rules limit any unit to 450 points. As I wasn't taking a Lord (which would give the Hammerer's immune to fear and terror), I took a RoCourage instead.
  • I took a MRoGrugni (5+ ward save against missile fire) on the BSB, this meant the BSB was naked but the Hammerers had some cover.
    I'd much prefer to take a runed up BSB, RoPreservation, Gromril Armour, RoStone. That kind of thing, but needs must.
    Oddly, even with one of my opponents being the DarkElves, The MRoGrugni hardly ever came into it. 
  • I completely forgot about the master rune of immolation in both battles. And each time I had a nice opportunity to use it. Ah well.
  • I love SpellEater Runes.
    They totally paid for themselves in the Battle with the Dark Elves, cancelling out that Fulminating Flame Cage spell and making the Sorceress forget it. So sweet.
__________________________________________________________
2400 Pts - Dwarfs Roster
   40 Dwarf Warriors, 415 pts (Standard Bearer, Musician, GW's)
   39 Rangers, 444 pts (Standard Bearer, Musician, GW's)
   33 Hammerers, 444 pts (Standard Bearer, Musician, GW's)
      1 Runic Standard (Rune of Courage)

   1 Thane (Battle Standard Bearer), 140 pts
      1 Runic Standard (Master Rune of Grungni)

   1 Runelord, 284 pts (General; Great Weapon; Shield)
      1 Runic Armor (Rune of Iron x2; Rune of Stone)
      1 Runic Talisman (Spelleater Rune x2)

   1 Cannon, 150 pts (Rune of Burning; Rune of Forging; Cannon)
       1 Engineer (Hand Weapon; Brace of Pistols; Light Armour)

   1 Organ Gun, 120 pts

   1 Grudge Thrower, 150 pts (Rune of Accuracy; Rune of Penetrating x1; Stone Thrower)
       1 Engineer (Hand Weapon; Brace of Pistols; Light Armour)

   1 Grudge Thrower, 175 pts (Rune of Accuracy; Rune of Penetrating x2; Stone Thrower)
      1 Engineer (Hand Weapon; Brace of Pistols; Light Armour)

   1 Bolt Thrower, 75 pts (Master Rune of Immolation; Bolt Thrower)


Composition Report:
 Points of Lords: 284 (0 - 600)
 Points of Heroes: 140 (0 - 600)
 Points of Core: 859 (600 - Unlimited)
 Points of Special: 994 (0 - 1200)
 Points of Rare: 120 (0 - 600)

Total Roster Cost: 2397

Created with Army Builder® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...