Monday, October 17, 2011

Painting: Warmaster Gyro

warmaster gyrocopterOh-arr I 'ave been paintin'.
It's taken me a while to get back on the horse. It's the usual excuses, work etc. etc.  I painted this up for use as an army banner in the long term campaign I'm playing in.


Have a look see after the jump for some more photos.
Go have a look at CampaignHammer for more info on the campaign. We've just into the winter season of the first year - we're using old school Mighty Empires rules.

warmaster gyrocopter
I quite like how this one turned out. When I started it, I really didn't think the copper piping was going to work - the copper paint I have is very very old, I'd even use the term ancient. It went on very bright, but after applying army painter it's turned out great.

warmaster gyrocopter


Here's the Gyro beside a regular Hammerer so you can appreciate the scale.
warmaster gyrocopter

5 comments:

  1. Awesome banner marker. AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Will I get to use it? Will we have a permanent map set up somewhere? Or just in the digiverse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, any Bcon will be for the campaign for the next while, so we don't need a permanent setup. If we all do the warmaster markers it will look fantastic. I reckon it'll see active service. At least I know what to use for your online banners now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hah! There's more on banner markers on the way, and this is the only Gyro. Now that you mention it though, it's very tempting to just do a squad of gyro's and have all banner markers represented by them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would look great, but it's way easier to identify banners if the markers are all different. I want to do mine now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...