Saturday, October 05, 2013

long-cut undercoat

Buoyed by my previous success with army painter undercoat I picked up the barbarian skin colour of spray paint undercoat. I have a tonne of unpainted slayers, so figured I could short cut the paint time and make them skin coloured.

Unfortunately I was so busy concentrating on making sure they were fully coated -  trying to ensure each little slightly hidden armpit and crevasse has some undercoat - that I caked them in the spray paint.
My phone camera is a bit rubbish,
the colour is not the shade it appears to be.

Really, far far too much paint. It went on evenly, and didn't stipple, but I put so much on it obscured model details.

I now have two models in dettol to strip them of the paint - I hope! I'm not even sure it'll work on the spray paint, which is why I put in only two of the worst.
So much for shortcuts.

The skin coloured spray paint might still be a good shortcut if I'm much more careful next time, but I think that I'll not be able to spray enough on to ensure a proper skin coating. We'll see once the dettol strips the two models.


  1. nice heads up there. we all make mistakes in learning. i found the same with army painters matt spray....use too little and it doesnt cover the figure...only when youve used enough to cover it realise its too much!! boo
    excellent blog by the way :)

    1. Thanks very much. I had a look through your heroquest stuff is smashing. Keep it up!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...